Why taking dental X-Ray is important?
The American Animal Hospital Association’s dental care guidelines mandate dental x-rays for pre and post operation for performing dental extractions on cats and dogs. At Legacy Veterinary Clinic a full mouth dental radiography is also an essential step in dental cleanings and necessary for accurate oral evaluation and diagnosis.
Dental x-ray is performed due to the below reasons:
- To see possible problem areas below the gum or inside the tooth
- To properly evaluate the progression of periodontal disease
- To explore reasons behind unexplained bleeding of tooth, or a missing tooth
- To provide Professional and detailed documentation to take preventive measures
- To investigate hidden reasons which may cause bad breath in pets
- To explore possible causes for loss of appetite in pets
- To measure bone loss around a tooth and to plan accordingly
- To see if pain management therapy is needed
Tooth root infection and loss of Alveolar bone